Sunday, December 3, 2017

What cookies? ||Stephanie aka Miss NiceRoad


Hey, all!
I'm finally back with some Christmas card inspiration! I can't help it, with Santa's coming, I was in great need of a cookie star card!

Thanks to today's card, I wanted to share a fun tip outlining dies. With so many great dies in store, I find it nice to reinvent how to layer them or make them pop onto projects. So, to match my adorable What Cookies? image from the Saturated Canary  line (that is on SALE right now!!!), I selected some new Holiday dies, such as Cheer - Word and the Hope ornament one, that were going to be die-cut once from teal glitter cardstock, and then die-cut again from... wait for it... vellum paper! 


The idea came to me when I knew I wanted to do another layer, so to make the glitter die-cut pop, but I didn't want anything to shadow it, either. Therefore, using vellum helped me get that soft look, without being too bold. It's like it's there, but not really there, right?


After doing this step, I took out the big guns and created a 4¼"x5½" cardbase from dark brown cardstock, onto which I layered a few scraps from a recent project made with the gorgeous Winter Land - 6x6 Paper Pack in store. After colouring the image with my Copic markers, I die-cut it with the Fancy Rectangles & Layers Die Set (that is ALSO on sale!), added it to the card with foam tabs, a few flowers and enamel dots.



Oh and those flowers? They are from I Am Roses of course! I just love the quality of each bud and rose from their store, seriously. For this project, I selected flowers that would match the paperpad without being too flashy. After all, I had enough glitter on there already!
 Here are the ones I used:



Voilà, project done! And I think it is fair to say that I have once more attempted successfully at refurbishing a fun stamp into something Christmas-y! Oh and make sure to try doubling those gorgeous dies with vellum paper! ;-) 

No comments: