Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Making Spirits Bright

Hey, Crafty Friends! Mitsyana Wright here, and I'm back with another simply adorable holiday card to share with you all!

Christmas is just a couple weeks away! And it's not too late to get your crafty self into cardmaking gear. Sometimes with all the hustle and bustle, we find ourselves too busy to make elaborate Christmas cards... so why not opt for something more simple? Take colored images, pair it with gorgeous paper flowers, add a few tiny embellishments sprinkled in, and... tah-dah a super easy, super quick, and so super cute!!


I Am Roses Products Used

Other Supplies Used
Crossover II (Crafter's Edge)
Beary Christmas Stamp Set (Maker's Movement)
Beary Christmas Die Set (Maker's Movement)
Cardstock- Red, Black, White (Recollections)
Patterned Paper (Pink and Main)
Sprinkletz- Very Cherry (Buttons Galore)
Button Fusion- Red Carpet (Button Galore)

VersaFine Onyx Black Ink (Tsukineko/ Imagine Crafts)
MISTI (My Sweet Petunia)
White Gel Pen (Sakura)
Micron Pen (Sakura)
140 lb Mixed Media Paper 
Watercolor Pencils (Derwent Academy)
Water Soluble Markers (Derwent Academy)
White Gel Pen (Sakura)

Black Twine
Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Chunky Glitter


Today, I wanted to make a bigger more substantial card and if you're an avid I Am Roses fan, then you know why! Many of their wonderful flowers are quite large. And placing too many large flowers onto a standard A2 (4.25" x 5.5"-folded) card just will not do. Anything else you attempt to put on such a small space would feel crowded. So a bigger surface area is always great to accommodate larger items.

I started by creating a 6"x 6" card base from red cardstock. which I layered with a 6"x6" piece of black cardstock and 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" piece of white cardstock.

Then, I took a 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" piece of houndstooth patterned paper and die cut a circle window from the center. Then I adhered all the layers together and stamped my sentiment across the bottom of the window and set it aside to dry.


This was by far the hardest and most lengthy process of the whole card... coloring the images! LOL
Seriously though, it was! Then I die-cut the images out and added tiny details onto their scarves and presents using a white gel and black micron pen.

Time to add some POP to my card...

I ran a few leaves through my Xyron X Sticker Maker, then laid down a leafy base onto my card front.


Once I laid down my leaves, I added my bears to give myself an adequate amount of space for flower placement.

Then, I added my Red Gardenias and White Tea Roses, always starting with the biggest flowers first. Once glued down, I added a little collage medium into my flowers then dusted them chunky glitter.

Finally, I added my sprinkled bits of candy shaped embellishments and tied on a twine bow...


And here is my finished card...



I hope you enjoyed this easy card tutorial!

Until next time...
Happy Crafting!!

~Mitsyana Wright

No comments: