Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Hello Friend Card


Hi, Friends! Design Team Member, Mitsyana, here with another adorable card for I Am Roses.
Well, summer is coming to an end and fall will be here soon! I'm totally excited about this, probably more than I should be, but I'm counting down the days! Counting down the days till cooler weather and changing colors. 

The turning colors of fall leaves are what inspired my project for today. I love the warm glow of all the yellows, oranges, reds, and browns! It just makes me feel like rolling around in a pile of leaves and throwing them in the air like confetti!!


For this card, I used the following I Am Roses products...


To make this card, I cut my white 110 lb cardstock to create a  5.5"x 5.5" card base.

I used patterned corrugated cardstock and gold embossed cardstock from DCWV to create nested mats. Then layered and attached them to my card front using my Xyron Mega Runner.

I stamped this super cute House Mouse image onto mixed media paper and colored it using Derwent Inktense Color Pencils. Then cut out the colored image using a Pink and Main's Stitched Circle Die.

I added it to the card front then trimmed the bottom with a flower lace.

Then surrounded the image with gorgeous I Am Roses Flowers. I inked around the center od the daisies with Tim Holtz' Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Ink. Then attached all my flowers using tiny amounts of quick-grip glue.

Lastly, I die cut my sentiment using Diamond Press' Hello Friend Die from Black cardstock, then attached it to the card.


I can't get enough of these stems!! Besides having gorgeous flowers, almost all I am Roses' flowers have a 2"-3" wired stem! And not just their flowers... their leaves too!! Which make for the cutest Curly-Q's. 


I love how all these textures and warm colors came together. And right now, I'm really envious of the mouse sunbathing on the sunflower. For now, I'll have to wait It's still scorching over 100 degrees down here and nowhere near relaxing lounging weather!

I hope you enjoyed my project for today!
Come back and see us soon!!
~Mitsyana Wright

No comments: